Effective Date: September 17, 2018
This page outlines the data or personal information collected by Ross Strategic, the owner and administrator of the Pacific Coast Collaborative website. Ross Strategic does not share personal data with any third parties other than those specified below unless required by law to do so.
Your privacy is important to us. We do not collect any personally identifiable information when when you visit this site unless you choose to provide that information.
For each HTTP request (which is what your Web browser generates when you request a page or part of a page from a Web site) received, we collect and store only the following information:
- the date and time
- the originating Internet Provider address (IPA) (this address can refer to a specific computer; more frequently, commercial Internet providers use a temporary IPA which does not link to a specific computer)
- the type of browser and operating system used (if provided by the browser)
- the URL of the referring page (if provided by the browser)
- the object requested
- completion status of the request
- pages visited
We use the information that we automatically collect to measure the number of visitors to the different areas of our sites, and to help us make our pages more useful to visitors. This includes analyzing these logs periodically to determine the number of pages served, and the level of demand for pages and topics of interest. The logs for each day, with no personal information, are stored indefinitely.
This website employs cookies to make the site more accessible and user-friendly. Cookies are small files that Web servers place on a user’s hard drive. They can serve several purposes:
- they allow the Web site to identify you as a previous visitor each time you access a site;
- they track what information you view at a site (important to commercial sites trying to determine your buying preferences);
- in the more advanced cases they track your movements through many Web sites but not the whole Web;
- businesses use them for customer convenience to allow them to produce a list of items to buy and pay for them all at one time and to garner information about what individuals are buying at their sites;
- advertisers use them to determine the effectiveness of their marketing and offer insights into consumer preferences and tastes by collecting data from many Web sites; and
- they can be used to help a Web site tailor screens for each customer’s preference.
The PCC website uses Google Analytics to collect aggregate information about traffic to the website. Google Analytics makes it possible to track a visitor’s use of a website by means of cookies and a pseudonymous user ID. This information is used for statistical and operational purposes only. Ross Strategic does not share it with third parties. You can find more information about how Google Analytics tracks your date when visiting the PCC website in this article, “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.”
This site anonymizes user IP addresses to prevent storage of full IP address information. Click here to read more about how IP anonymization means and how it works in Google Analytics. The Google Analytics settings for this site are only set up to store data for 14 months.
You may also prevent the collection of data related to your use of the website (including your IP address), as well as the processing of this data by Google, by using a browser add-on. Opt-out cookies prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website. To prevent Analytics tracking across devices, you must opt-out on all systems you use. Click here to download the extension for your browser.
For further information on Google Analytics privacy practices, please click here.
Links to Other Sites
This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Ross Strategic. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites.
If you wish to receive periodic updates by email from the Pacific Coast Collaborative, you must provide your contact information via the email sign-up form (see “Stay in touch and be the first to receive policy updates.”). We manage our mailing list using a third-party vendor, MailChimp. MailChimp collects information on undelivered emails (so that defunct addresses can be removed from the list), location, opens, and clicks. MailChimp may also transfer this personal data to certain sub-processors who perform critical services, such as abuse and fraud prevention and customer support. Subscribers to our list must respond to an email confirmation to in order to be added to the list in a double opt-in process. At any time, you can unsubscribe from the list by clicking the link located at the bottom of every email newsletter. For further information on MailChimp’s privacy practices, please visit their website.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Ross Strategic does not share your personal data with third parties unless it is required by law or necessary to provide services you have requested, such as opting-in to receive emails from us.
Correcting or Removing Personal Information
You have the right to receive information about the personal data we have stored about you, as well as information on the origin and purpose of that data. In addition, you have the right to request the correction or removal of your data within our communications systems. To do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
1325 4th Ave, Suite 1600
Seattle WA 98101
Attn: Pacific Coast Collaborative Website